Monday, November 5, 2012

POEMS FOR HER - (Lost love)






A Love Song

by Paul Dunbar ca. 1913

Ah, love, my love is like a cry in the night,
A long, loud cry to the empty sky,
The cry of a man alone in the desert,
With hands uplifted, with parching lips,

Oh, rescue me, rescue me,
Thy form to mine arms,
The dew of thy lips to my mouth,
Dost thou hear me?—my call thro’ the night?

Darling, I hear thee and answer,
Thy fountain am I,
All of the love of my soul will I bring to thee,
All of the pains of my being shall wring to thee,
Deep and forever the song of my loving shall sing to thee,
Ever and ever thro’ day and thro’ night shall I cling to thee.
Hearest thou the answer?
Darling, I come, I come.







I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart
by John Suckling, ca. 1635

I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why then shouldst thou have mine?
Yet now I think on’t, let it lie, -
To find it were in vain;
For thou’st a thief in either eye
Would steal it back again.
Why should two hearts in one breast lie,
And yet not lodge together?
O love, where is thy sympathy,
If thus our breasts thou sever?
But love is such a mystery,
I cannot find it out;
For when I think I’m best resolved,
I then am most in doubt.
Then farewell care, and farewell woe, -
I will no longer pine;
For I’ll believe I have her heart
As much as she hath mine.









Love’s Secret

by  William Blake

Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears.
Ah! she did depart!

Soon after she was gone from me,
A traveller came by,
Silently, invisibly:
He took her with a sigh.








I Loved You

by  Alexander Pushkin
I loved you;
even now I may confess,
Some embers of my love their fire retain;
But do not let it cause you more distress,
I do not want to sadden you again.
Hopeless and tongue-tied, yet I loved you dearly,
With pangs the jealous and the timid know;
So tenderly I loved you, so sincerely,
I pray God grant another love you so.









Stay With Me Forever

by Ashish  Joshi


Upon some twilight hour
a soothing rush within me
I feel, evading all, this dusk
or the coy moon then it be.

Carrying the gentlest of steps
towards me when you near,
I feign numb the echo
of the crooning sighs I hear.

I can't sing for you
the soughs that sear my heart
when, at some sullen hour,
ever I think of being apart.

Till the newer dawn breathes for me
this color my Love shall lose never,
With my eyes closed, you,
I wish, stay with me forever.






I Have Feelings Too

by Kuro

Sitting at home
I'm still thinking of you
You act like you don't care
Thinking about what to do

You say your life is a sad story
But won't accept my aid
You think I don't understand
But I have feelings too

There is always something wrong
A reason to be sad
Each time you ignore me
I'm getting a little mad

At first I'm polite
I think we're still friends
But still it continues
The torture never ends

I care a lot
A lot about you
But by the way that you act
Did you think that I had feelings too

You'd think that you would care
After all we've been through
You say people show their true colors
But the one who needs to change is you

Well now you're upset

And have reason to
But think about what you did to me
I have feelings too

Now that we're over
We are all through
You hate my guts
What would you do ?

Now it's too late
I no longer care
If it really mattered ?
You should have shared







On a Faded Violet


by  Percy Bysshe Shelley, ca. 1820




The odor from the flower is gone
Which like thy kisses breathed on me;
The color from the flower is flown
Which glowed of thee and only thee!

A shrivelled, lifeless, vacant form,
It lies on my abandoned breast;
And mocks the heart, which yet is warm,
With cold and silent rest.

I weep–my tears revive it not;
I sigh–it breathes no more on me:
Its mute and uncomplaining lot
Is such as mine should be.