Thursday, July 12, 2012

COLORS - QUOTES








My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green,
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.

~Shel Silverstein, "Colors"












I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors.  I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.  ~Winston Churchill






Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.  ~Al Hirschfeld




Actually, all education is self-education.  A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education.  What you receive is like the outlines in a child's coloring book.  You must fill in the colors yourself.  ~Louis L'Amour












Sit in reverie, and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow




Colors are the smiles of nature.  ~Leigh Hunt



Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.  ~Claude Monet



All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites - Marc Chagall










Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions - Pablo Picasso


Men's skins have many colors, but human blood is always red - Traditional Proverb



White is not a mere absence of color, it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black. God paints in many colors< but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white - Gilbert K. Chesterton


Pink is not just a color, it's an attitude - Author Unknown


Colors answer feeling in man> shapes answer thought; and motion answers will. - John Sterling










My teacher asked my favorite color. ... I said ‘Rainbow’.... and I was punished to stand out of my class. - Saket Assertive





Men and women are limited not by the place of their birth, not by the color of their skin, but by the size of their hope - Johnson John




A Picture of
many colors proclaims images of many Thoughts.  - Donna A. Favors









Photography - Alexandra Zaharova & Ilya Plotnikov